Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 6, 2012

                           City Of Bones 
         I just finished reading City Of Bones by Cassandra Clare and the character Jace has a lot of  internal problems in this book. I already read all the books in the series, but I loved this book so much, I had to read it again. On the out side, you think that he doesn't care, he even will look bored to some people. But on the inside he actually cares.He just has a funny way of showing it. So, if you meet anyone like him, don't be offended because on the inside he actually cares.
 
       For example, when he first met Clary, he looked like uninterested, but later on in the series, he tells her that when he first laid eyes on her, he felt alive for the first time, like all this time has all been a dream and he didn't care about it until now,when he met her at Pandemonium. (a nightclub.) And when he said he wasn't Valentine's son, but he was possessed and you don't even know how much arguments that caused. Another one is when Jace is using sarcastic comments to hide his emotions, like when he's speaking to Simon, Clary's best friend, you could tell he really hates him just by the description of the way he talkks to people, but with Clary it's like a whole different side of him took over his other half of his body, and the next thing you know is he's all friendly and gentle and nice. But when he's in battle, fighting demons, he's like a demon himself, but on the good side. With him, it depends on the type of person he talks to, so he thinks its easier for him. Each person brings out a different side of him. Clary brings out the gentleness of him, Alec, brings out the toughness in him, Isabelle brings out the protectiveness in him and Simon brings out the irritating side of him.

                   So overall, you shouldn't bottle up your feelings, you should let him out, so in the end you wouldn't up like Jace. He is one seriously crazed up kid., because he saw his father die when he was 10 years old, but then he found out the girl he loved was actually his sister,and his father was alive. I think I know why Jace is like that because he has so many traumatizing memories he always recalls to the past. I mean he's been possessed,like what how many times? I mean, come on , how would you feel if you saw you're own father who you thought was dead for 17 years come back and possess you and you don't even know it? I understand that Jace didn't have the best father in the world, but would you have a father who despised you of all your life and tried to take over the world? that is really messed up. So, you shouldn't hide your feelings, no matter what you remember or how you were raised.      

2 comments:

  1. I disagree with you on the part when you said that Jace is "one crazed up kid" because he saw his father die, and the girl he loves is his sister and his father was alive. I wouldn't call him a crazy kid becuase he's not the one causing these big truths to come out and surprise him. One thing that I really loved about your response was the part where you explained how each main character in the book showed a different part of him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was metioned in the book later on in the series, and he saw his father die when he was 7. I mean, come on isn't that a bit tramatizing. I would, if I was in his shoes. Wouldn't you feel the same way?

      Delete